The mission of the Southeast Pennsylvania Child Passenger Safety Board is dedicated to promoting child passenger safety and reducing injury and death resulting from child restraint misuse/non-use.
The Southeast Child Passenger Safety Board is being formed, based on The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Uniform Guidelines for State Highway Safety Programs, which call for each State to form a coalition of individuals and organizations to actively promote and publicize occupant protection initiatives and activities for children.
The CPS Board shall meet to discuss community needs and work toward a better collaboration of efforts in providing, child passenger safety training classes and updates, instructor development, identifying community need for fitting stations and loan programs, sharing of data and resources, and best practice recommendations.
· Coordinate efforts of the network of Child Passenger Safety instructors and technicians
· Reduce duplication of services (Fitting Stations, Loan programs, Community Events, etc.)
· Improve communication between technicians, instructors and parents/caregivers
· Share resources, information and data through email and databases
· Create public awareness on a regional and local level to protect our children by encouraging safe transportation (ex. CPS Week, Seat Check Saturday)
· Educate parents and caregivers regarding proper selection and installation of child safety seats
· Provide car seat checks by trained CPS technicians throughout the Southeast region (Philadelphia, Delaware, Bucks, Montgomery and Chester Counties) of PA utilizing a cross section of technicians
· Provide continuing education and support for CPS technicians and programs by offering update classes and webinars
· Enhance the quality of CPS programs by providing standardized messaging to the region (Certification classes, Updates, Community Presentations)
· Enhance the knowledge and skills of certified CPS technicians by providing quarterly training on safety topics related to child passenger safety
If you would like to know more about how to join the Board or wish to fill out an application to join, pleae download the application below.